Thursday, February 9, 2012

I guess I'm the Queen now...

...cause I just got 6 crowns.

On my teeth, that is.

You see, I'm a grinder. Not in the dirty dancing sense, but in the sense that when I sleep I do horrible things to my teeth that I would never be able to do if I was conscious. For the past couple years I have been wearing an occlusal (grinding) guard to bed (super duper sexy, p.s.) but that doesn't undo the years of damage I did to my teeth before I learned that I am a grinder. So my teeth were extremely thin and chippable. And I kept chipping them. Seeing as I am apparently very vain and spoiled, I decided to get new teeth.

It was a very painful process. They didn't really warn me about that. It was made more painful when I cracked my first set of temporaries the first night I had them on. My gums were too swollen to wear my occlusal guard and I thought I would be ok for one night. I underestimated my grinding skills. But now that I finally have my new, permanent much stronger teeth, I can look back on this experience with a little bit of humor.

Here are the new teeth I asked them to give me:
Here are the new teeth I didn't want:
Here is me in the process of getting my permanents on:

(sorry for the cell phone pic)

And what about the finished product? I will have to get a picture soon so I can show you all now that my gums have healed!

3 comments: